You can also bring in your own food from your own country (please be careful when transiting through NZ and Australia – Quarantine services in these countries are VERY strict).
A large proportion of your provisioning can be purchased locally in Neiafu. Tongatapu has a better selection of supermarkets but excess is anything over 20kgs; VAV – TOP$4.50, HPA – TOP$3.00, EUA – TOP$1.50 per kg – also bear in mind that Real Tonga Airlines’ cannot guarantee excess baggage is carried on your flight if your meeting you charter yacht/resort.
You can also bring in your own food from your own country (please be careful when transiting through NZ and Australia – Quarantine services in these countries are VERY strict). You may bring in freezer packs to Tonga of meat from butchers with an export license and receipts (NZ – The Mad Butcher does export shipping licenses), declare them when you clear Tongatapu customs.
To help you with self provisioning we recommend visiting the following supermarkets:
- China Fortune (right in town),
- JM Store (right in town),
- Otamoehemohe (right in town),
- Leiola Duty Free (right in town),
- Neaifu Shopping Centre (just out of town)
- Tina Burkes (out of town mainly american store)
- Gutenbeills (out of town)Supermarkets are open as follows; bear your flight times in mind Monday to Saturday 7am till approx 9pm (JM & Leiola open till 5pm) Sunday ClosedLocal Vegetable/fruit market Monday to Saturday 7.30am till 5pm Saturday 7am till Noon Sunday Closed
Tongamazing Provisioning Services
Tongamazing can assist with organising provisioning but 14 days notice is preferred. Just email us and see what we can supply.
Meat, Veges, Alcohol, Bread etc. Just email us and see what we can supply.
We can also arrange for home made ready to eat meals – supplied frozen or refrigerated in an aluminum container for easy reheating
- Lasange (Meat or Vegetarian) 20cm x 13.5cm x 4.6cm $27
- Fried Rice or Noodles (Vegetarian/Chicken/Fish/Beef) 20cm x 13.5cm x 4.6cm $27
- Curries (Chicken/Beef/Vegetarian) 20cm x 13.5cm x 4.6cm $30
- Pasta bakes (chicken/Beef/Vegetarian) 20cm x 13.5cm x 4.6cm $30
- Pies (Quiche/Beef/Shepherds/Bacon and Egg/Chicken/Fish) 20cm x 13.5cm x 4.6cm $25
- Pizza bases $TBA
- Other items by request and subject to ingredient availability